Petra: What Does SEO Optimisation Actually Involve?
I know what SEO optimisation is…..What I am asking is that what does the process actually involve and what do SEO optimisers undertake in order to achieve rankings? If I were to hire a SEO optimiser to optimise my site, what tasks would he undertake in order to get my site on the front page?
Thanks in advance!
Answers and Views:
Answer by Boomn4x4
The short answer… he will make unimportant information look less important (or invisible all together) and more important look…well…. more important. You want the search engines spending as much time as possible on the important stuff and ignoring the unimportant stuff.
If you want a good idea of what it involves, click on “View” then “Source” in your internet browser. This will bring up a page that shows you the code… this is how the search engines see your page. You will quickly see how big of a mess that code is. The search engine needs to take all of that information and determine what is on the page and what it should index. Someone experienced in SEO can make that page look really simple to a search engine.
Usually the optimiser will start by looking at your site and it’s overall theme and your closest online competitors.
– After a deep analysis they will then begin keyword research, finding the keywords that will actually generate traffic to your site.
– From these findings they may make suggestions on site structure (adding new pages) that will have a positive impact on your overall site.
– They will then begin the process of optimising each and every page of your site. They analyse your keywords making sure your keyword density is on track. They will optimise your title and meta tags according to the keyword findings above.
– They will optimise your images and even suggest new images to add. Some may suggest adding a self hosted video if applicable.
– They will build links (this can be a long process, depending on your niche). Not just offer to submit your site to a bunch of directories but actually build relevant links to your site.
I Hope my answer might be of use to you!
Here are some Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips and Tricks.
1. Use the H1 (header) and Bold tags. Put these around your page keywords.
2. Monitor your search engine rankings and what people are using to find your website. Promote those terms.
Read more :
Leave a Reply